Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Boo

I think I got myself a little sick on that walk in the wind and the snow the other day.
(Ya think?) So I'm going to use that as an excuse to drink hot toddies with the whiskey I bought. I also used it as an excuse to buy some honey to put in tea and in breakfast:


Oatmeal, honey, banana, almond butter, cinnamon.

I haven't bought honey in a long time (although I've eaten it when other people put it in things) but sometimes it's really just what I want. Agave and maple syrup are too thin and sweet. There may be other substitutions and maybe someday I'll get there, but I think for now I do okay with veganism minus honey.
Do you guys have a feeling about it one way or the other? Any other recommendations? I used to buy raw honey a lot because I hear it's really good for you, including having anti-cancer properties (Ali, do you know anything about this?)
Anyway, I sort of just wanted the honey.
Other eats of late have been snacky and vegg-y:


Dinner of the past two nights: a loaded veg sandwich with hummus, zucchini, carrot, tomato, onion, spinach, and mustard. Basically a salad on rye and lunch in stages from yesterday: an apple, carrots and tomatoes, Cherry Pie larabar, a spinach/zucchini salad with two green olives.

4 comments:

  1. Well you wanted honey and you got your honey, Honey!

    I'm a firm believer in Hot Toddies as a cure-all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry you are sickly! Maybe the honey will help you get better faster. :o) I still struggle with the whole honey thing myself. We have two quart jars of local raw honey at home that my sister got for me. I'm with you on the other sweeteners. Sometimes honey just seems to be the only way to go. I haven't been using the honey lately. I'm considering to start back to using it though, because it has so many great health qualities. I'm interested to see what others say.

    That veggie sandwich looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. E-mail me your best mailing address and I will get that Mac the Chip cookie out STAT. Happy New Year!
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have huge opinions about honey, either way. I don't eat it. I wouldn't purposefully because it kind of grosses me out, and I worry about the little bees :). However, I don't care if my kids eat something with honey as an ingredient, and I don't think it bothers my husband to eat it. There are a few moments in life where I prefer a non-vegan item for my kids, rather than something artificial. For instance, if there was a cookie with honey sitting there or a cookie with food coloring, I'd choose the one with honey for my kids. I think that if you choose to be a vegan minus honey, you're fine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.