Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, February 3, 2012

Raw Overnight Museli

Like I said, I've been working on the Rising Sun Smoothie on and off for a while. Other than that, breakfast has been a banana. But the bananas for today weren't ripe so I made overnight oats and chia for breakfast. Ah, the old standby. It's been at least three weeks since I've had something like this.


I bulked it up a bit extra (not that it really needs it - ) with some seeds and dates, so it's more like a raw museli than a chia pudding or a bowl of oatmeal. It was delicious, and a welcome change.

1/4 c oats
1.5 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 T raw sunflower seeds
1 T raw pumpkin seeds
2 dates, chopped
cinnamon to taste
pinch of salt

-mix the oats, chia, and vanilla extract in a bowl and just cover with water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
-add seeds, chopped dates, cinnamon and salt. Add about 2 T more water and stir again.
-cover and let sit in fridge overnight.

11 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds fantastic!! Today was the first day I didn't have a green smoothie for breakfast, we have to have a little variety, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S breakfast! OOH CHIA <3 How do you survive on ONE banana??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I would've read this last night--we're out of EVERYTHING in this house, including my breakfast foodstuffs :(. Better get my butt to the market this AM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great breakfast. I love adding all kinds of seeds, nuts and dried fruit to my oats. Keeps it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you posted this! This is great timing because I've actually been trying to figure out the whole muesli situation...I have really been curious and wanted to give it a try. Yours looks so delicious!

    To answer your question from yesterday, I put the fruit in the blender first, then the almond milk, then the protein powder and the spinach goes on top. I haven't had a problem with the protein powder at all, so hopefully that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try this. I love how you can just get up and breakfast all ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the seeds in the oats--seems like a great way to bump up the nutritional value & add a nice crunch! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to try overnight anything, but really should because this looks so yummy and healthy. The addition of seeds and dates would be especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of Muesli, but never Museli. Maybe you should soak it all in San Pellegrino?

    How do you know that's what you'll feel like eating for breakfast in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid, yes! It makes the next smoothie taste that much better.

    malin, I wasn't feeling well for a while and a banana was all I could stomach but this was much tastier :)

    Stacy, shuffle step over there! Run out of oats is blasphemy.

    Nikki, totally. Endless possibilities.

    VAVA, so did you figure out the situation??

    Rose, it makes foggy headed mornings 10x easier.

    Jes, yes! That's a big win with me - I love different textures at once so this was great. I even added extra seeds in the morning for a bit more crunch.

    molly, good to hear from you. The seeds were my favorite part. Hope you're well.

    Shen, ah, good point there. I guess I spell it how I say it (wrongly). I never feel like eating breakfast, really, but I plan all my meals out so I'm forced to follow through.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.