Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Veggie Rolls, Two Ways

Today's lunch salad may have surpassed the other evening's but I was too rushed this morning to get a photo. Instead, here's dinner from a couple nights ago that I never blogged about.


The lighting is a little weird and they aren't as vibrantly green as I usually like to eat but whatever. These were pretty simple. On the left are all-raw veg rolls (using untoasted nori) with alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, avocado, and Gena's gingery-sunflower pate. On the right are rolls with brown rice, avocado, and cucumber. After I took the photo, I added soy sauce and sriracha to the plate - it would have been nice to have some wasabi, but they were really delicious and filling anyway.


I haven't really made rolls like this before, so I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The sunflower-pate ones were easier to cut because they were more moist, and I may have over-stuffed both rolls but that's not really a problem, especially since I was dining alone and I didn't care about my chipmunk cheeks.

7 comments:

  1. Coincidentally I was just upstairs checking out the status of some old nori sheets I have with the notion of making wraps later. Can't decide if they are too stale, but the cats still liked 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of sunflower seed paste. We partake in sushi rolls about once a month or so. We have to be quick around here before SR eats all of them, and she couldn't care less about her chipmunk cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean the rolls looked like chipmunk cheeks because they were over-stuffed, or because you had chipmunk cheeks while eating them?

    Every time you post about sunflower pate, I always think to myself that I have to make some soon...I really, really need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, oh my cat definitely hustles over to sniff my seaweed heavy lunches. Do you let yours eat them? I don't know if you keep yr nori in the pantry or the fridge but I heard that if you keep them in a bag in the fridge for a couple of days, they will de-staleify (not the technical term.)

    Blessed mama, sunflower seed pate is super easy to make and very versatile. Whip up a batch and feed 5 hungry vegans!

    Rose, haha, my cheeks are puffy enough usually but these overstuffed them TO THE MAX! I will cut them smaller next time. And it sounds like you will be making the pate soon because I just bought a ton more sunf seeds and will be posting it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This grub wasn't good enough to show us a coupld days ago, but now it is? Cuz it's a boring Sunday night and there's nothing on tv, is that it? That's cool, just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shen, pretty much. Slow weekend, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh you are holding out! I wonder what other gems you are saving for a rainy day! ;) These rolls look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.