Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Regularly Scheduled Programming

Hey guys. I'm glad you all were excited about the cashew cheese yesterday. There are tons of flavoring possibilities, so get to it!
Today we're back to the same old "here's my food." But it was pretty enjoyable so:
Breakfast smoothie:


spinach, frozen berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, cherries, blackberries), banana, ginger, spirulina, flaxmeal, coconut, water.
(unpictured snack of a delicious orange. I was seriously thinking as I ate it that oranges could not possibly taste any better.)
Lunch:


kale salad with tomatoes and tempeh in mustard and nooch.
(unpictured green Vega bar)
Dinner:


A SERIOUSLY loaded bowl. Like, up to the top. Like, ran out of room around spinach and kept going with the broccoli and tofu. This was rice noodles, mushrooms, spinach, scallion, steamed broccoli and tofu with a tiny bit of miso broth and sriracha. Really good and filling.
Dessert:


Three (! Ashlae, what is the recommended serving of these?? They are too good) of Ashlae's raw brownie bites. They are incredibly delicious. I subbed pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I had, added cacao nibs, and used a mix of deglet dates (I couldn't find medjool at WF! wtf. Since they're smaller and less gooey, I doubled the amount) and raisins. Yum, yeah.

10 comments:

  1. You are my healthy-eating idol!! It all looks so good and nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious looking day! That veggie bowl looks super tasty. Ashlae's recipe looks so good, too! I'll definitely have to try those out sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Rose, you are my raw/healthy inspiration! Everything looks so clean and fresh and hearty. Those brownie bites look amazing. I couldn't find medjool dates at my WFs either! WTF! Maybe I missed them when I was cursing everyone out though :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulously green day! I'd say at least three of those brownie bites are called for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, pecans is an excellent sub! The bites sound really good.

    That bowl looks great and very filling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, your orange thing reminded me of a post I wrote back in December(?) about appreciating the simple things in life, inspired by eating an orange. Damn are they ever perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose, I do it all for you ;)

    Thanks, Jackie. The bowl was awesome. And yes I highly recommend the brownie bites!

    VAVA, now that I think about it, I might have never seen medjools at WFs...I usually get them at TJ. It's weird that they wouldn't have them, though, right??

    Blessed mama, One brownie bite for each green meal, it evens out :)

    molly, you love pecans! I don't know if it was because of the pecans or the hemp seeds in the brownies, but they are pretty oily. Not in a bad way, really, but...just FYI.

    Allysia, you are so philosophical. But yeah. Oranges. Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A seriously perfect food day. I need to emulate this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shen, it's easy. Just keep reminding yrself you can have a raw brownie at the end of the day if you eat all yr greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your day looks uh.maaaaaaayyy.zing. And brownie bites have a minimum serving size of exactly as many as fit into your dessert bowl :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.