Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 12, 2013

mealicious

I go away for a week and it's the same old: Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. But my sister wanted an update. Here ya go Liz.

                                                                   Breakfasts.

                                                                        Snacks

                                                                       Drinks

                                                                 more snacks

 miso soups (although not so much of this as you'd imagine - I'm out of miso for the moment)

                     Recipes from Isa Does It - this is the Seitan and Broccoli. I added carrot.

Served it with rice. She recommended serving it with a homemade barbeque sauce; I made a bastardized version.

Today's lunch - kale, chickpeas, sweet potato, curry roasted cauliflower, and sundried tomatoes in sriracha-tahini sauce.
Yep, ya pretty much know what yr getting into when you read my blog.
Also I wanted to let you know my friend started a blog. Caveat: it's not vegan by any means. But he's a funny guy (think Shen-style humor.) And sometimes he makes good food. If ya innarested: presenting: **WAKALICIOUS**

17 comments:

  1. Cool, thanks for sharing your meals and your friend's link! I love that kind of humor so I'll definitely have to check it out :) The meals all look delicious. The seitan with broccoli sounds amazing! I haven't had seitan in so long and pairing it with broccoli is definitely a classic. The miso soup looks pretty great too :) How have you been dealing with this horrible freezing weather? I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seitan is interesting. I don't eat it much...it was okay.
      This miso was definitely huge and delicious... THAT is how I have been dealing with the weather, ha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz! Thanks for getting your sis to post! ;)

    Even if you feel like it's the same, there is always a lot of vegetable and creativity in your meals. Sriracha-tahini sauce sounds pretty incredible! I hardly ever cook seitan at home, but this recipe from Isa looks great.

    I hope the holiday season is treating you well, Maud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED more miso! Then I will make yr tahini-miso dressing. Basically tahini anything will be awesome...
      I rarely eat seitan and make it even less, though it's pretty easy and fun. Just a lot of boiling what looks like brains....

      Delete
  3. Out of miso??! That's a serious crisis this time of year..... That bowl with the mushrooms looks amazing right now. The seitan broccoli looks great- and the carrots add some great color.
    I'm off the check out your buddy's blog!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm on a mission to fix that tomorrow. The carrots onions and broccoli I threw in had previously been roasted, so it was sad to use em up like this but it was nice to have the extra veg.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm PB & Banana toast is one of my favourite snacks right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need you to start a meal delivery service; I am not a good example of what vegans eat of late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kinda jealous of all your healthy food! I've been eating like crap for the past couple months. I usually adopt a "f$@K it" attitude between Thanksgiving and NYE. Fried stuff, lots of sweets, processed food everyday. But hey, I like what I like. :-) I can't wait until January so I can feel good about what I'm eating again. That chickpea/kale/tahini dish sounds so healthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I actually really enjoy healthy food for the most part. I OVEReat plenty from Thanksgiving to New Years but at least it's pretty decent stuff.
      The chickpea dish WAS healthy but it was also really delicious.

      Delete
  7. You being out of miso is like Seattle being out of rain. The broccoli and seitan is the next recipe I was planning to make from Isa Does It — but not with seitan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a huge fan of the seitan anyway. I know you can't eat it. Did you use soy curls or tofu or something?

      Delete
  8. I couldn't wait to see this supposedly hilarious blog you linked to, and quickly cleared out as soon as I saw a neck being cooked. Not my bag. Why can't Yo Burbalino blog?

    Nice post otherwise. I feel a bowel movement coming on just from looking at your last pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sorry about that. I didn't expect it either.
      I think the bowel movements are still coming from the last meal.

      Delete
  9. All good in my book, particularly curry roast cauli. I'm making that shizz by the bucketload, for use with sriracha in wraps. Double plus yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I'll have to make more tomorrow.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.